Precautions to take on Farm.
Farm Houses and Grounds
- Carry out a safety routine check of farm house and grounds for obvious fire hazards and hazardous materials.
Image: farm house
- Store farm chemicals securely where kids and animals can’t access them.
- Make a list of the chemicals for fire fighters in case of fire accident on your property.
- Keep weeds and grasses trimmed to reduce the presence of snakes and dangerous animals.
- Keep and store farming tools out of the way.
- Establish a safety boundary around gas and diesel fuel tanks and other flammable substances.
- There should be proper signage on the farm.
Image: signage on the farm
Personal Farm Safety
- Don’t wear loose clothing around equipment and work areas.
- Use equipments according to manufacturer’s instruction.
- Ensure to wear gloves, hearing protection and safety eyewear, face masks and respirators when working in dusty conditions as well as farm boots.
- Always have a helper nearby when entering grain bins, breeding pens or other high-risk areas indiaviagra.net.
- Train your staff on safety and precaution measures.
Tractors and Implements
- Ensure you buckle your seat belt when necessary.
- Ensure you shield all PTO-powered equipment drive shafts, and keep kids at a distance from them.
- Never start or run gas or diesel engines in an enclosed area without being assured of good ventilation.
- Ensure there is proper safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- Do not exit a carrier, tractor or truck without placing it in park or engaging the emergency brakes.
- Do not leave running power equipment unattended.
- Routine check and maintenance of equipments, especially and electrical cables showing cracks or other signs of wear and hydraulic hoses.
Image: equipment storage
- Ensure animals are kept in good health. An animal in pain and discomfort can react aggressively and so should be promptly attended to.
- Keep their eating environment clean to avoid disease outbreak.
- Isolate the sick ones so as not to infect the others.
- Take extra care with farm animals at breeding and birthing.